Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bring on 2009


Fellow Mates,

We are into yet another year and for some us, things have not been all that prosperous. Regardless, a new year brings upon us a new shade of light and peering into that light one has hope and optimism. Feeling inspired yet? You should because even though many of us have lost money on top of jobs, we still live in a land just waiting for us to come up with something new and different thus, we can wear a different hat everyday if we want. This is what I love about pictures! The way they are taken from the way they are integrated into business has possibilities that span infinity. Though I am critical of my own work at times, I have taken measure in the differences in my work over the last 12 months. You see, if you are serious about photography you need only to see yourself as a tree that knows no end to its ability to grow. So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to learn for 2009 pick up a camera, you might be surprised at how you view the world.

Things are shaping up well for this wedding season as I am starting to see lots of new bridal clients inquire to my availability. It is both flattering and exciting to have someone consider placing that kind of trust in a person. After posting a need for brides who wanted to push the envelope in 2008, I found that disappointment was a non-factor given that we pulled off some things that still have me smiling. Now I need to step it up and push even harder for 2009 so the question is, are you ready?

Lastly I want to wish everyone an awesome start to the New Year and know that had we been together on December 31st I would have gladly made you my famous drink, “The Frozen Grapefruit”. Trust me when I say I have a corner on the cocktail market.

P.S. Enjoy the pic, it was taken in HDR (High Dynamic Range) right on the lake I live on. I have been trying to make this HDR thing work ala Greg Sims and now I think I have figured it out.

Resolutions for all My Friends,


Lance

1 comment:

Greg Sims said...

Hey Lance, Happy New Year as well. Tell me more about Photomatrix. Do you really like it. Does it do a good job. The guys at NAPP say it is pretty awesome.