Thursday, March 20, 2008

Coffee House Blogger

So I am sitting here in this local coffee house in downtown Boise listening to some Pearl Jam on the IPOD and typing to my peeps. Most of you always respond to my blog posts via email which is fine but inflate my ego a little, leave me a note on the blog itself. If you do not have a blog account I understand this totally. On to other things…..There is a great photographer out there by the name of Russ McDonald who if you care, can tell you anything you want to know about Nikon flash systems. The guy explains things in ways the manuals only dream of. Thank God he has been discovered. Here is his link if you are a Nikon shooter and want the in’s and outs of the CLS system. http://nikonclspracticalguide.blogspot.com/2008/01/nikon-flash-two-separate-metering.html

Been doing a whole bunch of soul searching in the last few months about the future and for some reason the southern part of the U.S. where I came from is calling me back. Why? For one I am a warm weather kind of guy and I have absolutely no family in Idaho. Second, living in Boise is great but as far as I am concerned, you are limited on the different types of places you can shoot weddings and what not. Seriously, there is a downtown, mountains, Castle Gardens, and uhhh mountains. For me it has gotten a tad bland but maybe I am taking things for granted that I shouldn’t. Be that as it may, I am not even sure if I will actually do it but New Orleans seems logical. Maybe sometime in the next 2 years I will actually pack it up and head back to my forgotten city. In case you didn’t know, they need a serious resurgence of people to move back and help heal old wounds. Besides, the diversity of the scenery is endless for a photographer. Now don’t go getting me wrong here, Boise is great but it was never my last stop or so I have said.

If you haven’t seen “Into the Wild”, go rent it now! I promise you it will make you think about the way all of us look at life.

“I have been wounded I have been healed”
Eddie Vedder

My personal photo project about people in the raw is beginning to take shape and I even included myself in the project as you can see in the example. More to follow on that one.

Take It Easy,

Lance

3 comments:

Julia Bailey Photography said...

I just discovered your blog..silly me. I'll have to read later, Im in editing mode.

You know you have to come home!

Be looking for an invite to a blog where we can all contribute but remains private. I want the select few to spout ideas about the ideas. :)

Ive opened up the old blog and deleted any incriminating evidence to my schizophrenic paranoia..i think..ha!

Laura said...

Lance,

Although I do love movies, as an avid reader I have to insist that you read Into the Wild and No Country for Old Men. I have yet to see the movies. I want to, and I will, but I make myself read first. The book is always better. I hate to one up you...well no actually, I don't mind. I will be the dorky reading advocate. :)

Justis Photography said...

Hey Laura, I sent you a Myspace message in response to this. In a nutshell, a person with your reading prowess is allowed to one up people like me :)