Monday, March 10, 2008

I am George W., & I approve this blah blah blah



Oddly enough we are being told we are in some sort economic funk A.K.A., a recession. Hmmmm, wonder if that transcends into wedding bookings? Well according to some of my colleagues in other parts of the country (Most Notably the South), weddings are flying off the handle and they are in fact turning brides away! Right here in Boise, things aren’t so rosy for many who are used to booking several weddings a year. I have at least 3 fellow photographers that have told me that their bookings are way down this year. What’s even stranger, though I have booked summer through the hilt this will be the first spring that I have not shot a wedding in quite some time. It sucks and yet it is nice because I have had the chance to go out and do some seriously wicked stuff on my own, most notably my little book project that I hope to have finished by next year. Nahh, I would rather do weddings...Whatever the reason I just hope it isn't due to the flood of Myspacer's who now think they are Ansel Adams and are swallowing up the Boise market. I say good for them but for the brides of this area, don't expect too much.

If you are one of my brides to be for this summer and you read this know that I am going to be chomping at the bit and super anxious once we get underway so bear with me. Why? Cause I am dying for some new bridal material and I would love nothing more than to do something really out there such as post a bride atop of this old Army vehicle I found behind Gowen Field (see top pic). Who is up for it?

Lastly, go rent “Into the Wild” and write me back telling me what you think. That movie will move you in ways a flick has never done before! Talk about self discovery and appreciating what really matters in this world. Oh and the soundtrack sung by Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam ain’t too bad either.

Me Perched Atop the Boise Foothills Bored & Waiting for a Sunset that Never Came :(




Cha Cha Cha,

Lance

P.S. Windows Vista SUCKS! Avoid it all cost! I can’t wait to get on board with Mac.

1 comment:

Russ MacDonald said...

Hi Lance,

My wedding work here in Dallas is way down. Our studio is getting lot's of jobs but they're mostly the cheaper ones. Very few big packages are selling anymore.

I haven't sprung for a D300 yet. I'm still thinking about the D3.

Need those big weddings!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Russ
http://nikonclspracticalguide.blogspot.com/2008/01/nikon-flash-two-separate-metering.html