Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Latest

Well we are the dawn of yet another wedding season and for some of us it means fast shooting and tired feet. I am super excited about it all and have an awesome client list for this season. Recently I completed a few more engagements sessions most notably Nate & Launa and Scott and Lindsey. Both were amazing to work with and I am looking forward to hitting the aisles with these fun couples. Been working on some commercial stuff which included a project for “Shutter by Floral” and “Boondocks” amusement center. Both of these projects have been nothing short of fun and yet super challenging. Staying motivated while shooting floral arrangement after floral arrangement is the challenge I speak of but thanks to my trusted flower expert Heather, this was attainable. As for “Boondocks” I am finding that keeping the kids off of my gear to be even more challenging. I would be lying if I said that the kids didn’t piss me off but what is one to expect when it is a known fact that all kids are gadget heads.

Ok now on to more serious and pertinent things my friends. I have spoke about this before and this is not something I am soft on when I write so if I seem harsh, trust me I am and equally irritated. Once again Boise has found that not all wedding photographers are honest and worthy of the industry that provides a lifetime of memories to couples. Sometimes people take advantage of the trust that is given to them and one Boise Fraudtographer has once again taken someone’s money and provided them ZERO images. My question to this idiot is just how long they think that they can keep pulling this little stunt off. Just to refresh your memories this particular individual came to my attention last May when a friend of mine called me to tell me how this girl stole their down payment and never showed up for any meetings nor returned any of their calls. Listen folks, make sure that your photographer provides you a contract ASAP or before you give them a dime of your money the latter being preferred. Needless to say I provided a link to a listing from a review of this idiots profile on Decidio. If my favorite photographer who rips people reads this know that your bad name is affecting every other photographers good name. In other words, step off and disappear already. Below is the link & I encourage all brides and their families to utilize tools such as Decido to find out exactly what they are getting. http://www.decidio.com/search/?act=detail&id=62085&q=52%2E00&tid=26&sic=53

On a closing note I also want to send special thanks out to Irene who helped me get some of the most interesting portraits I have EVER taken. The pictures captured during her shoot pushed me and change the way the I approach individual sessions from this point forward. And last but not least I want to send my thoughts to a friend and colleague in New Orleans, Julia Bailey who inspires everyone who picks up a camera and excites our creative insights. Know that your friend Lance holds in you the highest of regards and wants you to keep providing the magic that inspires not only the work I do, but the work of all who aspire to achieve the creative process that you possess.

Drinks for All My Friends (Including Gadget Heads),

Lance


No comments: