Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We're Getting Warmer


Engagements and more fun stuff my peeps! No I won’t bore you with how elegant the engagement sessions were or use pretentious terms rather, I will only say they were fun and I am glad I got it done! Why I say this is because to me the engagement session is more of a social between me and the subject(s) and a means to break in what I will be doing on their wedding day. Of course I want them to represent the couples love for one another (there I said it) but it really gives me the chance to see how a couple will react come wedding day when they have a Nikon lens fixed upon them thus I really keep it informal. Sometimes I never even meet the groom until the engagement shoot and by then I have already developed chemistry with the bride and I think this throws some of you boys off a little. Perhaps they find it odd that I have associated with their brides more than most men are ever allowed though in the end, they have ZERO worries. So on that note if you can boys, try and attend the initial meeting it helps break the ice a tad.


The “People” project is coming along super cool (see example) and I will be selling these as books in the future if you want something different to put on the coffee table. I am sure it will have a few people laughing when they open it. Helped a friend out by shooting some prom pictures for his nephew and luckily for me I found a new location in Boise to shoot that is a tad on the edgy side. Lets just say that the industrial age left this photographer a relic of sorts….




Drinks for All My Friends,

Lance

No comments: