Monday, March 16, 2009

Warm Season





Hello All,

For all the small favors in this world the one that puts a supreme smile on my face is the onset of warmer weather. Going out and taking pictures in the cold is always a feasible task but my tolerance only goes so far thus, I am not as prone to toughing it out. Saturday marked the first time this year that I was able to comfortably work outdoors with little worry of my hands becoming unbearably numb! Jamie & her fiancé Tyler were kind enough to meet me downtown for a quick engagement session and I find them both to not only be great in front of the camera but too cool for school as well. Despite feeling the effects of a nagging flu bug, we pulled off some great shots and I am happy knowing that the season for people pictures has arrived.





I recently purchased a lens capable of magnifying life’s little things. For you photographers out there you may know it as a “Macro” lens. I have found that investing in a lens of this caliber doesn’t mean you can simply place the lens on the camera and begin taking pictures of said tiny things. The art of Macro required me to do some serious review on how depth of field is affected when it comes to shooting things magnified many times over. I anticipate some frustration along with a little satisfaction once I master what this type of photography has to offer. In the meantime, enjoy some of my first “Macro” shots.

Nano-Sized Drinks for All My Friends,

Lance

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for Jamie and Tyler :)

Unknown said...

Love the top photo. Has a cool edge to it.