Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Airplanes & More Rain




Comrades,
So many galleries to build and so little time! That is what one gets when trying to shoot weddings while moving into a new home. Who cares just get it done right? Regardless, I drove up to lovely McCall, Idaho to shoot Darrin and Stacy’s wedding at the Northfork Lodge. Little did I know there was this old abandoned airplane sitting outside the entrance. Who would have thought? As I am pulling in I started thinking of how I could incorporate the plane into some pics and the groomsmen seemed to fit the bill. Given that Murphy’s Law always lingers I noticed drops of rain falling into adjacent puddles thus I knew for the second consecutive week, rain was on the menu! Luckily, the rain halted itself just long enough to get this event done and as for my airplane shots? Well, when the guys arrived they began to climb onto the damn thing which is something I NEVER had in mind but I went ahead and blasted a few and got em off. Honestly I am shocked they all climbed up there but it made for cool pics! Stacy was a gorgeous bride and both her and Darrin’s family made me feel like one of the crew. Big high fives and mucho thanks for the California Red Wine :)





Sunshine for all my friends,

Lance

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The airplane shot has to go to competition. Are you a PPA or WPPI member ?

Justis Photography said...

I wish..I am PPA but seldom take the time to participate in the competitions. Prob bad on my part...I will say that the picture looks less like a wedding pic and more like an old Led Zepp picture or something...lol I was nervous as hell when they were up there.