Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Loren & Angela Tough it Out

Comrades,
I am sitting here in Rexburg, Idaho lying around enjoying the confines of a dumpy hotel while working on pics and contemplating just how in the world I plan to move into a new house and not lose my mind. To escape the thoughts of life’s transitions I bring to you a couple that endured what ALL wedding couples fear and that is, RAIN. After all the planning and coordinating brides and grooms alike commit themselves to they are sometimes forced to make serious changes when the sky opens up and this wedding was no exception. Did I say that it also makes it somewhat difficult for the photographer too? I have read on various forums hosted by other photographers on how when it rains a “real” photographer can tough it out. I am stumped by these statements simply because I know that I can’t give my Nikon’s a rare motivational speech that makes them water proof nor have I EVER come across a wedding portfolio that was shot in the rain all day without serious equipment problems. I realize trash bags can be fitted to protect your gear but that in itself limits one’s ability to maximize their talents. On the day of Loren and Angela’s wedding we planned on meeting at the Rose Garden due in large part because it has a gazebo that provides shelter in the event of a downfall. Lucky for us we started while we had a shred of sunlight but ominous clouds hung around like a bad relative does when they overextend their stay. Funny thing is, I think I was more worried about it than Loren and Angela and that was just the breath of optimism I needed to get er done, well almost done. We shot throughout the day and luckily the torrential showers waited to fall until evening. The downer is that we never got to do our shots when the sun was setting so being ever thankful for their flexibility, we decided to re-create that part at a later date. Ahhhh, flexibility is better than a brand new set of snow tires! If the two of you read this know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart and look forward to the final chapter of our shoot. As for everyone else, if you want a photographer with equipment that can withstand rain for a good 3 hour period I suggest you call the Discovery Channel.

Umbrellas for All My Friends,

Lance
P.S.
Loads of new wedding galleries are soon to be posted so stay tuned.....

No comments: